Any examination of The Black Sorrows comes down to one person, Joe Camilleri. Frontman and the brains behind the band. Recently awarded “living legend” status by Rolling Stone, Joe’s career spans an astonishing 50+ years.
As a singer, songwriter, saxophonist and producer Joe Camilleri is considered one of the most genuinely talented figures in Australian music still at the top of his game. As is always the case with The Black Sorrows, the new album ‘Saint Georges Road’ is about perpetual change.
It is the bands’ 21st and also Joe’s 49th album as bandleader of combos as celebrated as Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons, the Revelators and Bakelite Radio.
“This is the album I’ve just made and it’s the hardest album I’ve ever made, on many levels,” says the man who still plays 160 shows a year, from his home base in country Victoria to the music halls of Europe.
Joe Camilleri is bringing his famous sounds and new album ‘Saint Georges Road‘ to the heart of Adelaide, The District at SkyCity!
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Support Act: 7:30pm
The Black Sorrows: 9pm
The Chosen Ones VIP Experience $140
Exclusive access to The District premium mezzanine level, including:
- 4 hour complimentary beer, wine & spirit package
- Complimentary hot and cold canapés
- VIP only bar for quick service
- Outstanding view of stage and band
Overnight Jam Experience $399
This ticket includes:
- 2 x General Admission tickets to The Black Sorrows at The District
- 1 x Overnight stay for 2 people in the signature Allure King Room at EOS by SkyCity